15 Jan / PAID turner4D Internship
turner4D (formerly Turner Strategies) a leading progressive public policy communications firm, seeks a Spring Intern starting immediately. Celebrating our 14th year, Turner has been at the forefront of national and international issues, such as equal pay, international development, reproductive rights and environmental issues to name a few. The ideal candidate will have a passion for progressive issues and an interest in acquiring hands-on experience in integrated communications and advocacy and campaign strategy working across all channels (online and offline). Our firm’s mission is to help clients seize the conversation across online and traditional media channels to achieve their goals.
This is no routine office internship. You will be working hand in hand with our senior team, making a meaningful contribution with day to day tasks and long term projects. Additionally, you will be assisting with Fem2.0, a project of turner4D. Fem2.0 is a leading online feminist community showcasing new and emerging voices. Community members explore issues affecting young people and women at the local, national, and international levels on our blog (fem2pt0.com) and our social media presences on Facebook (Fem2pt0) and Twitter (@Fem2pt0). In fact, our #fem2 hashtag is one of the leading aggregators of feminist discussion on Twitter.
The position is based in Washington DC in our downtown office.
- -Strong writing and editing skills, preferably with some type of journalism experience.
- -Earned Media
- -Some experience building media lists
- -Some experience dealing with reporters
- -Event planning and/or logistics experience – volunteer work, clubs, etc.
- -Social Media
- -Personal experience using Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & LinkedIn, as well as some experience in some of these social media channels: Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine
- -Some experience using social media for an organization, club, campaign or brand
- -Experience using Google search and at least one other specialty search engine
- -Ability to research contact information (email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- -Ability to search within Social Media sources
- -Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- -Attention to detail
- -Ability to multi-task, and prioritize competing tasks
- -Team player with sense of humor and humility
These skills are a plus:
- -Social Media
- -Some experience using social media data analytics tools
- -Some experience with chat channels, including WhatsApp, Viber, SnapChat, Relay, LINE, Skype and Google Hangouts.
- -Boolean Logic training/skills
- -Versed in multiple search engines, including YouTube, Creative Commons, Bing, Google specialty search engines
- -Video production skills (videography and editing)
- -Image design (using Photoshop, GIMP or other graphic design tool)
- -Photo memes
Please send us a resume and a short cover letter to Violet Tsagka at violet@turner4D.com. – We are looking for somebody who can be with us 5 days per week from 9-5 but we can be flexible. Stipend will be provided. Applications are due January 30th.